Thursday, March 21, 2013

What We Don't Deserve

Hulse,
This morning you caught me in a sleepy cranky state and I got angry with you over something really not worth getting angry about. I apologized, we hugged it out, and you went on your merry way. I got in the car apologized to God for my behavior and thought about grace. Grace is the free gift that God give us when we mess up. He is slow to anger and His nature is kind, things we as humans don't always possess on our own. I prayed this morning that I would be a kind and gracious mom to you and Olivia, but I know that I can't do that on my own. I need God to show me grace and help me to show grace to others. Bud, we don't deserve kindness from God but He gives it to us because He loves us. I know you will mess up and I will mess up too, but I hope I can show you and Olivia a small measure of the grace that has been given to me.

Love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment