Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bad Blogging!

I know, I know! I'm a terrible blogger. We've just been so busy enjoying our long days of sunshine that I've been neglecting the blog.

Everything is great around our house. Hulse and Liv are not only growing but learning something new everyday. Hulse loves to say words and is great about repeating words or trying to say new words when prompted. Olivia's vocabulary has really taken off as well. She's starting to make lots of different sounds and say lots of new words as well. They are both eating really well and are right in the middle percentile for weight. They LOVE pasta, especially with red sauce. They both also love fruit and Sprite is also a big treat. The only things they really won't eat are macaroni and cheese (Hulse) and they are not big on red meat. They also are still undecided on ice cream, which is totally crazy, but I think they are just not used to the cold.

We've been out and about a lot lately. My parents took the motor home down to Riverfest so we met them down there a couple of times over Memorial Day weekend to eat. The babies also got to see their first fireworks show and seemed to like it despite being kept up past the bedtime! Trey and I have been out of town lately for a couple of big kid trips so the kids also got to go swimming for the first time with their Nana and Papaw. Olivia has no fear and swam right in, but Hulse needs some convincing that it's fun to float around in water that's not as warm as a bathtub. We're planning a mini vacation with our friends, the Peoples, so I'm sure we'll have more updates to come.

In non-baby news, I wanted to recommend a book I've been reading lately that God is really using to challenge me. It's called Radical:Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. The book was written by a pastor named David Platt. I've been in a place of disillusionment with people lately, and God has really been challenging me to look at who He is to me and what my response to Him should be. It's a challenge to me because I've been blessed by God in so many ways and my role in showing the love of Jesus is to help those who haven't been so fortunate. As a Christian I really can't say that I haven't been called to help those around me, because that's what loving Jesus is all about. I could go on and on, but you should pick it up for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment